Copyright

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the author, Frank Chirico.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My First Published Magazine Article


While I was visiting my family in New Jersey, I had the idea to write an article for The Gideon - an international magazine for the Gideon's International members. I contacted them and we agreed that I would write an article about love in the workplace, geared toward's the Gideon organization. Part of this article was an idea I had while working for a mail opening manufacturer, as a Field Service Engineer.

When I got back to Iowa, I finished the article, sent it in, and waited for a response for editing. I didn't hear anything back, and contacted them twice. To be honest, I just thought they forgot about me, and that they chose not to publish the article.

Well, December / January issue came, and I was elated to find that they not only published the article, but they published it almost word-for-word! I am completely blown away, and have been very happy with the responses I received so far. Though this may not look like much to the average person reading this, it has been a long time goal on my bucket list to see this come to fruition.

My prayer is that I will continue to write for magazines as well as books, and that the Lord will provide the knowledge He wants me to write about. I hope I can be able to do this again.

No comments: