Copyright

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the author, Frank Chirico.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Finally!!!

Back in 2003 when I got saved we had a visit from Gideon's International to our church where these men shared their testamonies, and stories about how the organization has changed their lives and the lives of countless others through the pocket Testaments and bibles given.  I was very moved by what they said and realized at that moment I wanted to join the organization.  But I quickly realized after not one but two times filling out applications and then being denied that my hopes were dashed and would never be a member.  This past winter a friend of mine who runs Forest Avenue Outreach became a member and begged me to come to some meetings and check it out.  I was reluctant being my past failures and didn't want to get my hopes up.  But after a few times trying to make meetings I finally went.  About a week later I filled out another application and to my shock they accepted, and I became a member this past July.   This past Wednesday I had my first Bible Distribution at the University of Northern Iowa.  It was a great time praying, and serving the Lord.  Out of 200 Testaments I gave out 47 and had a good conversation with a Muslim girl.  Total that day we handed out 3159 Testaments.  One man gave out 500 by himself!  I know that God will use this to draw more people to Himself and that it will be a fruitful harvest.  I am excited to see how God will use this and that I will use this time wisely for His glory. 

No comments: