Copyright

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the author, Frank Chirico.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ways To Conquer Fear In Witnessing - Fellowship With Courageous Christians

9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.

10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.

11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?

12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NKJV)


A good place to find that encouragement is from other people who have courage themselves. I have a select few of Christian friends who would go, and have gone with me at any time and fulfill the great commission arm in arm with me. These are some bold men and women who encourage me to step out of my comfort zone and do what God has called me to do. Even though each of us has different gifts, strength, and weaknesses, we complement each other where we fall short. The interesting part is that we are all of different denominations, but Christians none the less.

As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
(Proverbs 27:17 NKJV)


Help each other out. Get to know one another, and how to help those who need it. Help others to be better at evangelism. Encourage one another in the gifts that they were given. When they fall short, pick them up and dust them off. I need encouragement. There are many times I come away from a witnessing encounter that has just been aweful, or I just don't feel like going out and doing it. If I need it, I know there are others who do too.

No comments: